Thursday, July 9, 2009

Donate Button: NOT a Solicitation

The new Donate Button was added for the sake of anybody who is "Wowed" by one (or more) of my posts, and really feels like reaching for a checkbook (or whatever). If you're "Wowed", however, there are other ways of showing it, such as posting a link (or writing a post with a link at your own blog) to the article that you liked (as John Wilkins just did). Or adding a comment, especially with references to some peer-reviewed work(s) that apply to the subject. Of course, everybody likes flattery, and money is one of the more sincere forms of flattery: I'm not immune. But there are other forms of flattery.

While the bigger posts are a lot of work, it's fun work and I really do it for my own enjoyment. I also learn a lot doing the research. So I'm pretty well recompensed just in writing the posts. And that's why the button is labeled "If you wish...". Please keep all this in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment